To better understand your true feelings and relate to them in a positive way; these quotes about emotions can inspire and educate you about its numerous effects on your life.
Emotions are integral parts of our human nature. Sometimes it gets out of control. It could be negative or positive. Whether our emotions come out voluntarily or involuntary, we can choose to control them. Here I have a collection of quotes about emotions from many different people. And I believe it would help you to better understand your true feelings and how it affects the people around you.
Hey, look emotions are very strong. Consider the power of love, anger, and fear. The effect they have on you could be very pleasing or devastating. Having anger issues for instance is one of the bad habits examples that destroy lives.
You may find yourself in its grip and find it uncontrollable. Well, let it flow and make sure it would have a positive impact on your life.
Transform that energy into something positive and enjoy the ride. It’s a beautiful thing to see positive emotions emanating from you or people you love and care about.
In the first place, let me give you some enlightenment before I share with you some of the best quotes about emotions.
Understanding The Concept Of Your Emotions
What is emotion?
It is a strong feeling deriving from one’s circumstances, mood, or relationships with others.
Your emotions are that feeling you portray which is far different from the application of knowledge or has anything to do with intellectual abilities. Emotions flow without the need of one’s intellect.
What is Emotional Intelligence(EQ)?.
It is the ability to evaluate, identify, and control your own emotions and better understand and manage the emotions of others.
It consists of:
1. Self Awareness
2. Self Management
3. Social Awareness
4. Relationship Management
Selected Quotes About Emotions — Part 1
Now enjoy these quotes about emotions. Let the appropriate quote that relate to your current situation offer something positive to you.
Effects Of Negative Emotions And Why You Must Avoid It. Remember that negative emotions can shorten your life span. So know how to deal with them by substituting them with positive emotions.
1. “Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality” – Early Nightingale
2. “Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear” -Brain Tracy
3. “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”
4. “Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion of death.”
5. “Negative emotions, such as the feelings of hatred, meanness, low self-esteem and confidence, and pessimism, create an unpleasant person and a bleak destiny” -Dr. T. P. Chia
6. “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.”
7. “Emotions come and go and can’t be controlled so there’s no reason to worry about them. That in the end, people should be judged by their actions since in the end, it was actions that defined everyone.”
8. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart” -Helen Keller
9. “Negative emotions like loneliness, envy, and guilt have an important role to play in a happy life; they’re big, flashing signs that something needs to change.”
10. “A flood of emotions rushes into me. Pain and anger. Sadness and pity. But most surprising of all, hope.”
11. “My wife, my family, my friends – they’ve all taught me things about love and what that emotion really means. In a nutshell, loving someone is about giving, not receiving.”
12. “Positive emotions, such as the feelings of love, kindness, self-worth, confidence, and optimism, produce a better person and a good destiny” -Dr. T. P. Chia
13. “To balance and control your emotions is one of the most important things in life. Positive emotions enhance your life. Negative emotions sabotage your life” -Dr. T. P. Chia
14. “The heart can see what is invisible to
15. “Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.”
16. “I always channel my emotions into my work. That way, I don’t hurt anyone but myself.”
17. “Never react emotionally to criticism. Analyze yourself to determine whether it is justified. If it is, correct yourself. Otherwise, go on about your business.”
—Norman Vincent Peale
18. “Don’t bother trying to explain your emotions. Live everything as intensely as you can and keep whatever you felt as a gift from God. The best way to destroy the bridge between the visible and invisible is by trying to explain your emotions.”
19. “Love is a circular emotion that surrounds you, like a hug. Or a noose.”
20. “Men are no more immune from emotions than women; we think women are more emotional because the culture lets them give free vent to certain feelings, ‘feminine’ ones, that is, no anger please, but it’s okay to turn on the waterworks” -Unna Stannard
21. “Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.”
22. “Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.”
23. “Love the heart that hurts you, but never hurt the heart that loves you.”
24. “Emotions are temporary states of mind, Don’t let them permanently destroy you!” -Anonymous
25. “I love you, in my mind where my thoughts reside, in my heart where my emotions live, and in my soul where my dreams are born. I love you.”
26. “It’s very dangerous to wave to people you don’t know because what if they don’t have hands? They’ll think you’re cocky.”
27. “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
28. “Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. It’s a sign that you have a big heart, and that you aren’t afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength”
29. “When your soul is resting, your emotions are okay, your mind is okay, and your will is at peace with God, not resisting what He’s doing.”
30. “If our emotional stability is based on what other people do or do not do, then we have no stability. If our emotional stability is based on love that is changeless and unalterable, then we attain the stability of God.”
Quotes About Emotions — Part 2
Here is the second part of my long list of quotes about emotions. I hope you are already enjoying every single bit of it. Let these quotes inspire and educate about how being emotional could be a beautiful thing and sometimes too be a weapon of destruction.
You might be nervous thinking too much about the future. Experts say your worries about what might happen has no valid reason. Nurture only the emotions that feed you with genuine happiness.
31. “Our identity is very closely associated with our thoughts and feelings. Usually, when we feel anger, we become angry. We are anger itself. When we feel depressed, we are depression. When we feel greedy we are greed. It’s easy to see ourselves in the emotional ‘guise du jour’ and mistake this costume for who we really are beneath it.”
32. “Never let your emotions rule, but always let them testify” -Robert Brault
33. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.”
34. “A man is more frank and sincere with his emotions than a woman. We girls, I’m afraid, have a tendency to hide our feelings.”
35. “Feelings are much like waves, we can’t stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf.”
36. “We cannot totally escape from negative emotions, but we can choose to suppress them by maximizing our positive emotions” -Dr. T. P. Chia
37. “Sometimes no matter how much you try to speak your heart out, words are not just enough to describe how you truly feel” -Anonymous
38. “If you don’t manage your emotions, then your emotions will manage you.”
-Doc Childre and Deborah Rozman
39. “My faith helps me overcome such negative emotions and find my equilibrium.”
40. “If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with a different reality system.”
41. “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.”
-Charles Haddon Spurgeon
42. “We live in a world where there is so much beyond our power to change, so keep reminding yourself DON’T stress over what you can’t change, give life your best shot and at the end of the day sit back with a smile and be very proud of who you are.”
43. “Don’t hold on to anger, hurt, or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love” -Leo Buscaglia
44. “Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason”
45. “Never react emotionally to criticism. Analyze yourself to determine whether it is justified. If it is, correct yourself. Otherwise, go on about your business.”
—Norman Vincent Peale
46. “Don’t wait for your feelings to take the action. Take the action and your feelings will change.
47. “Don’t make a permanent decision for your temporary emotion” – Anonymous
48. “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
49. “Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.”
50. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.”
51. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?.”
52. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”
53. “But my experience is that people who have been through painful, difficult times are filled with compassion.”
54. “Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow.”
55. “Profound desire, true desire is the desire to be close to someone.”
Finally, you must marshal enough courage to overcome any negative emotion that is trying to take control of your life. Stick to the feelings that make you happy and proud of yourself.
For further mental strength that leads to genuine happiness, you can read these motivational quotes people use when depressed.
I hope these quotes about emotions have addressed some of your emotional needs. You must never let painful feelings steal your happiness.