You have another divine duty; It is about giving comfort to the one who needs your help. The Bible has a number of verses that give us the inspiration to touch hearts that are troubled.
Have we thought of going into the Bible to find verses for comfort before we or our neighbors face tribulations? Occasionally, the unforeseen will strike. I’m talking about natural disasters, death, accidents, diseases and sicknesses, emotional breakdown, etc. One day you will lose someone dear to you and eventually, you shall also leave this planet as God has said; we shall all die once and after that judgment.
When evil strikes us we are encouraged to stay strong. The one who is dealing with emotional pains needs to be comforted. This is also one of our divine responsibilities.
The awful truth is; we can never live without facing bitter experiences. Imagine the pains we go through when we lose a loved one?.
Today I believe it is time to give inspiration to anyone who needs God’s protection, promises, Spiritual strength, and hope. There are a number of Bible verses for comfort that can make anyone looking weary, sad and hopeless smile.
There is nothing so painful than the death of a loved one. Who will comfort the bereaved going through such kind of pains?. I believe the Bible is the best source to help each one of us comfort ourselves when troubles come.
God wants Christians to comfort each other when the unexpected strikes. Why? Lack of comfort could be treacherous. The mind enters into a state of ‘instability‘ and of hopelessness.
Don’t ever be insensitive to your neighbor’s plight. Have that passion to help those in a painful situation. You can simply do that through normal inspirational messages, motivational speeches, money, gifts or through Bible verses for comfort such as what I’m about to share.
God has a special kind of blessing for anyone who develops the passion to mourn with the bereaved or anyone dealing with any kind of affliction.
“Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we may be able to comfort those experiencing any trouble with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God” ( 2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
An exemplary life could be learned from the brothers of Ephraim.
“Ephraim their father mourned many days, and his brothers came to comfort him” ( 1 Chronicles 7:22). You can read this tragic story of Ephraim by visiting “answersingenesis.
By mourning with the saddened you receive blessings from God:
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted” (Matthew 5:4).
What Makes Us Hunger For Comfort
Before I share with you all the Bible verses for comfort I currently have here; let’s understand some of the crucial situations that make people be in need of encouragement or comfort. This post is more or less an extension of one of my old posts about “words of encouragement from the Bible.”
1. Just like I said initially, the most heartbreaking news anyone could hear is the death of a loved one. If no one consoles the bereaved; things will be very bad. Despite the pang of pains we feel in our hearts for the loss of loved ones— death itself has good lessons to teach us.
Death being the Chief destroyer of mankind’s existence— what comes next?
2. Diseases And Sicknesses can also make us feel uneasy and incapacitated to enjoy a normal life. Many are facing different kinds of health problems. These people constantly need our help. It’s not so long that I published an article to give inspiration to the sick.
Now we can share Bible verses for comfort anytime we pay them a visit in the house, hospitals or wherever they are battling these Challenges.
3. The other dreadful weapon creating problems within us is— our inhumane behavior. Our interactions with people could cause them to grieve. Betrayals, broken heart, disappointment, injustice, cruelty and other evil behaviors destroy the lives of victims who fall prey to such monsters living among us.
A painful situation as such calls for Bible verses for comfort that will give hope and inspiration that transforms one’s mood into a blissful one. At least that verses will reduce the pains and its adverse effects on the individual.
Selected Bible Verses For Comfort
1. “And we urge you, brothers and sisters, admonish the undisciplined, comfort the discouraged, help the weak, be patient toward all” (1 Thessalonians 5:14)
2. “Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by grace gave us eternal comfort and good hope” (2 Thessalonians 2:16)
3. “Remember what you said to your servant, by which you caused me to hope. This is what comforts me in my troubles: that what you say revives me” (Psalms 119:49:50
4. “The godly cry out and the LORD hears; he saves them from all their troubles. The LORD is near the brokenhearted; he delivers those who are discouraged. The godly face many dangers, but the LORD saves them from each one of them” (Psalms 34:17-19).
5. “For everything that was written in former times was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and through the encouragement of the scriptures we may have hope” (Romans 15:4).
6. “Every word of God is purified; he is like a shield for those who take refuge in him” (Proverbs 30:5)
7. “I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In the world, you have trouble and suffering, but take courage – I have conquered the world” (John 16:33)
Keep that passion of extending your love and help to the one who is down in life for whatever reason m God will bless you abundantly if you do give comfort to the one who fighting painful situations.
The Bible encourages all Christians to carry this duty by relying on verses that heal the heart that is troubled. Don’t forget to share this post if you find it helpful. May God bless you.