Nothing feels encouraging than staying in the presence of the Lord in times of pain and suffering. Christians ought to encourage the bereaved by sharing Bible verses for the loss of a loved one
As the world keeps on fighting real hard from the hands of COVID-19, we need to be steadfast in the Lord. Because in Him we can find all our needs. The year 2020 and its afflictions can never be erased from memory —just like it is so hard to forget about the death of a loved one. I believe we can derive much inspiration by feeding our weary souls on Bible verses for the loss of a loved one.
Death is inevitable, but we always look not prepared to encounter it in any way. Death happens to be one of the 6 harsh truths in life. It’s like a bitter pill – everyone is going to take it someday. It is the same thing that made Jesus wept. Why? Because of the death of a loved one called Lazarus.
However, one day death will lay its icy hands on everyone. While we still have breath, let encourage ourselves and the bereaved by sharing Bible verses for the loss of a loved one.
“And just as people are appointed to die once, and then to face judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).
Let me chip in this: you may take a detour to a related article I wrote a couple of months ago. The central point is “encouraging Bible verses.”
It has been estimated that each day 150,000 people take their last breath. People die from accidents, diseases, and sicknesses, suicides, etc.
But everything has changed within a twinkle of an eye. Because the emergence of this so-called coronavirus(COVID-19) has increased the total deaths around the world. It’s a serious issue that is striking fear and panic in people. People sleep and feel like this virus with its high death toll is knocking at their doors.
Too Many Tears Around The World
Life has become unbearable for people because in a moment like this; death is haunting us all. Hopefully, this pandemic will end through the power of God and everything will come back to normal.
There are too many tears around the world because thousands of loved ones are dying every day. This has necessitated an insightful inspiration from the scriptures.
In short, the purpose of this content is to encourage anyone who is grieving the death of a loved one through the use of the most relevant Bible verses.
I have already given an in-depth explanation of why Christians must not be afraid of death. There is something beautiful about it and it takes courage and spiritual understanding to embrace it.
You may be interested to read about the good lessons death teaches us in life here.
Bible Verses For Loss Of Loved One
While we wait for the promises of God and the restoration of life, let’s ponder on some of these Bible verses about the loss of people we love.
1. “Oh, if only my grief could be weighed, and my misfortune laid on the scales too! But because it is heavier than the sand of the sea, that is why my words have been wild” (Job:6:2-3)
2. “I collapse from grief. Sustain me by your word!” (Psalms 119:28)
3. “Those whom the LORD has ransomed will return that way. They will enter Zion with a happy shout. Unending joy will crown them, happiness and joy will overwhelm them; grief and suffering will disappear” (Isaiah 35:10).
4. “The LORD says, “At that time young women will dance and be glad. Young men and old men will rejoice. I will turn their grief into gladness. I will give them comfort and joy in place of their sorrow” (Jeremiah 31:13).
5. “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away” (Revelation 21:4).
6. “He delivers the afflicted by their afflictions, he reveals himself to them by their suffering” (Job 36:15).
7. “Because of all my enemies, people disdain me; my neighbors are appalled by my suffering – those who know me are horrified by my condition; those who see me in the street run away from me. I am forgotten, like a dead man no one thinks about; I am regarded as worthless, like a broken jar. For I hear what so many are saying, the terrifying news that comes from every direction. When they plot together against me, they figure out how they can take my life. But I trust in you, O LORD! I declare, “You are my God!” (Psalms 31:11-14).
8. “But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort that you experience in your patient endurance of the same sufferings that we also suffer” (2 Corinthians 1:6).
9. “For our momentary, light suffering is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison” (2 Corinthians 4:17).
10. “After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words” (1 Thessalonians 4:17-18)
Finally, never let the loss of a loved one steal away your happiness in life. You are alive today because God is not done with you.
Remember to give thanks to Him and trust His promises. God has the key to unlock any difficulties in your life. He has already conquered death and everything that tries to destroy your life. Stay blessed!.