Christians are encouraged to stay strong in times of pain and sorrows… “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.” There is no need to be afraid of the storm blowing in your life. Take a minute and read some Bible verses on death and understand the Lord’s amazing plan for you.
Let’s take a moment and share powerful inspiration with the one grieving the loss of a loved one. God knows it well. And as it is said — in all things He works out the best for those who love Him. I Bible by reading Bible verses on death — you would get to understand that indeed we are travelers on this earth.
Many times we try to hold on to things we cannot control. It is everyone’s faith to taste death. Although it is one of the most painful things any living creature could experience. It is right there for everyone. Take some breath and dig deeper into these quotes about death and life for more .enlightenment
Look, animals even feel the pang of pains of death. It has been estimated that each day 150,000 people die. One day it will reach our turn. Smile.
When I was in elementary school, my teacher taught me that the dead are more at peace than us. Why?. Because the dead has nothing to worry about except to wait for the judgment day.
The living should be thinking about what is ahead of them and so must be fretful about their actions… Do something better(repent) before it is too late.
A few years ago I talked about the good things associated with death. Yes!, death is not the end. As Christian believers, we must remind ourselves that there is a better place that
our Lord Christ Jesus has prepared for us. Comparing the brevity of life to eternal life awaiting us — there is no need to grief too much.
“It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart” (Ecclesiastics 7:2).
We often have to read Bible verses on death to have a better understanding of this unpredictable life we are living. Though the flesh is gone the spirit lives. Jesus sees death just like a night of normal sleep. Because he is the resurrection and life.
A Quick Lesson
King Solomon said; life is meaningless. And the question is why?. The Wise King further explained that both the rich, poor, righteous, sinner, wise, foo,l and even animals are meant to face the same fate which is death.
The demise of a loved one must teach you a lot of lessons, that one day we shall all live our mortal bodies behind. There is no need to fear death nor those who kill the flesh.
When the time comes — don’t be afraid. The Bible has said your days are numbered and you can’t by pass it. Think about the glorious life we will spend in eternity. Losing a loved one is part of the journey.
Now before I share with you some of these heart-touching Bible verses on death with you; take a minute and contemplate this verse.
“At the death of an upright man his hope does not come to an end, but the hope of the evil-doer comes to destruction” ( Proverbs 11:7).
If you call yourself a Christian and you simply can’t understand death and its nature then read the Bible verses on death that I am about to share with you on a daily basis.
If you would be afraid at all, it shouldn’t be a mortal death but eternal death. Thank God He has provision for us to enjoy eternity with Him in His Kingdom.
13 Bible Verses About Death To Inspire You
1. “Be the savior of those who are given up to death, and do not keep back help from those who are slipping to destruction” ( Proverbs 24:11).
2. “One who has been the cause of a man’s death will go in flight to the underworld: let no man give him help” ( Proverbs 28:17).
3. Happy are those who are sad: for they will be comforted (Matthew 5:4)
4. I, even I, am your comforter: are you so poor in heart as to be in fear of man who will come to an end, and of the son of man who will be like grass? (Isaiah 51:12)
5. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better (Ecclesiastics 7:3).
6. This is my comfort in my trouble; that your sayings have given me life (Psalm 119:15).
7. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away (Revelation 21:14)
8. “But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:22-23).
9. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me (Psalm 23:4).
10. So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body ( 1 Corinthians 15:42-44)
11. Do not let your hearts be distressed. You believe in God; believe also in me. There are many dwelling places in my Father’s house. Otherwise, I would have told you, because I am going away to make ready a place for you. And if I go and make ready a place for you, I will come again and take you to be with me, so that where I am you may be too (John 14:1-3)
12. You will make me greater than before, and give me comfort on every side (Psalm 71:21).
13. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be suddenly caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words ( 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18)
I am hopeful in the Lord that these Bible verses on death have inspired you enough to stay strong. If you think you need more inspiration from the scriptures I recommend reading a related article I wrote some time ago.
It is about Bible verses that give comfort to people in distress. Stay blessed and don’t forget to share with friends and loved ones. I also welcome your comments and contributions.