You were made out of the dust and so your maker should be the source of your energy, happiness, and success. Never forget to open your Bible to inspire yourself with Bible verses about strength.
Time for you to feed on bible verses about strength now. Without strength, your life wouldn’t be recognized as reliable for productivity. As a Christian, you need both Spiritual and physical strength to go about your daily activities.
God gives strength to anyone who finds favor from his side. He is the source of energy. Ask him earnestly and he will give you.
“Wealth and honor come from you, and you are ruler over all, and in your hand is power and strength; it is in your power to make great, and to give strength to all.” ( 1 Chronicle 29:12)
If you make God your strength just like King David(Psalm 18:1) nothing can overcome you.
You Surely Need Strength From God
I believe it is very important for Christians to be mindful of the level of strength within them at any given moment. Here in this article, I will share with you some selected Bible verses about strength with you. In addition, you will learn why and how to gain strength in handling issues cropping up in your life.
“This God has girded me with strength and he makes my way perfect” (2 Samuel 23:33).
There are two kinds of strength available to everyone. These strengths require daily nurturing to be effective. They are:
1. Spiritual Strength
2. Physical Strength
Before I pour out all the Bible verses about strength for you, let me expatiate the two strengths I have listed above.
1. Spiritual Warfare
Often we hear about Spiritual warfare. This is not a joke at all. This world is just a pickle or tiny bubble out of the limitless universe. There are many things surrounding us we can’t see: neither can we fathom with our finite minds.
Evil forces fight against us every now and then. They are agents of Lucifer who vowed to fight against every good thing God has bestowed on us… He never rests so you must never rest too. The greatest weapon that can give you the necessary strength is your Bible together with prayers.
Feed and feed the spirit within you with the word of God. Your spirit will become strong enough to win any spiritual battle. The Devil may try to destroy your life, marriage, job, family, wealth, and anything you hold.
Pray often and ask for the strength to withstand the devil. As you pray, you can meditate some Bible verses about strength to inspire yourself. Finally, your faith would become strong like a mustard seed.
2. Physical Strength
You need food and water to gain energy that will fuel your whole body to move in and out and handle any manual task. Is God even interested in your physical strength?. Yes of course. He desires to see you healthy and beautiful like a tree planted on a riverside.
God wouldn’t give you physical strength to be bully. In instances like the story of Samson, God used him to fulfill his will. Samson is known to be the strongest man ever to live on our planet.
Just like he gave strength to David, Caleb, and Joshuah to defeat their enemies he can give you the same strength, only if it is His will.
However in the generation of Jesus Christ and his disciples whose life and ministries radiate throughout the New Testament; We are taught to be meek for righteousness’ sake.
No need to use your physical energy to fight. Jesus said you must forgive(love your enemies) the one who assaults you. It takes real courage and self-control to forgive your transgressor.
God gave strength to David as he vowed to fulfill his covenant of protecting him from his enemies and making him prosperous in everything he does. God can give you the power to subdue your enemies and overcome all your sufferings.
However, God is ever ready to heal your pains, diseases, and sickness to make you healthy and strong. He is the best physician who heals all sicknesses. Don’t forget, vengeance belongs to the Lord. Leave everything into his hand.
Feeding your spirit and body with Bible verses about strength will give you the best kind of inspiration in life. Let it be a habit.
Selected Bible Verses About Strength For All Christians
Below are a number of Bible verses about strength to give you the inspiration you need today. I believe after reading it, you will become revitalized to stand firm in whatever situation trying to mess up with your life.
1. “He gives power to the weak. He increases the strength of him who has no might.” ( Isaiah 40:29)
2. “But those who wait for the LORD will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run, and not be weary. They will walk, and not faint.” ( Isaiah 40:31).
3. “Look, you have instructed many, you have strengthened the weak hands. Your words have supported him who was falling, You have made firm the feeble knees.” (Job 4: 3 – 4)
4. “Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed. He will answer him from his holy heaven, with the saving strength of his right hand. ” (Psalm 20:6)
5. “Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might” (Ephesians 6:10).
6. “Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest” (Josuah 1:10).
7. “But those who wait for the LORD’s help find renewed strength; they rise up as if they had eagles’ wings, they run without growing weary, they walk without getting tired” (Isaiah 40:31).
8. “And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD” (2 Chronicles 28:20).
9. “The one true God gives me strength; he removes the obstacles in my way” (Psalms 18:32).
10. “The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation. This is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him” (Exodus 15:2).
11. “The LORD strengthens and protects me; I trust in him with all my heart. I am rescued and my heart is full of joy; I will sing to him in gratitude” (Psalms 28:11).
12. “Majestic splendor emanates from him, he is the source of strength and joy” (1 Chronicles 16:27).
13. “He restores my strength. He leads me down the right paths for the sake of his reputation” (Psalms 23:3).
14. “You are the source of wealth and honor; you rule over all. You possess strength and might to magnify and give strength to all” (1 Chronicles 29:12).
15. “Seek the LORD and the strength he gives! Seek his presence continually!” (1 Chronicles 16:11).
16. “Your words have supported those who stumbled, and you have strengthened the knees that gave way” (Job 4:4).
17. “With all my strength I will say, “O LORD, who can compare to you? You rescue the oppressed from those who try to overpower them; the oppressed and needy from those who try to rob them” (Psalms 35:10).
18. “But I would strengthen you with my words; comfort from my lips would bring you relief” (Job 16:5).
19. “But you, O LORD, do not remain far away! You are my source of strength! Hurry and help me!” (Psalms 22:19).
20. “we will not hide from their descendants. We will tell the next generation about the LORD’s praiseworthy acts, about his strength and the amazing things he has done” (Psalms 78:4).
In Summation, God expects you to be healthy in your physical life as well as in your spiritual life. Reading Bible verses on strength every single day will make you fearless to anything evil.