Our God is good in everything he does. Christians should therefore learn how to be good through some of these Bible verses about goodness.
There is nothing pleasant than feeling the goodness of God. He is good in everything he does. By following the steps of Jesus Christ, we have been commanded to live godly lives. Be good to everyone with genuine love. Bible verses about goodness would be of great help if you desire to be a good person in the sight of God.
In this post, I want to share with you some thoughtful Bible verses about goodness. They will remind you to count your blessings, be grateful and learn how to be good to the people you come into contact with. God’s faithfulness endures forever.
King David said taste and see the goodness of God:
“Oh taste and see that the LORD is good. Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.” ( Psalms 34:8)
21 Bible Verses To Help You Understand God’s Goodness
If you want to taste the Lord’s goodness, then walk with him and let these Bible verses teach you about his loving-kindness.
1. “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
2. “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.” (Romans 12:9)
3. “Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:15-16)
4. “The Lord is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does.” (Psalm 145:17)
5. “The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.” (Nahum 1:7)
6. “Praise the LORD, for it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant and fitting to praise him.” (Psalms 147:1)
7. “What a person desires is unfailing love; better to be poor than a liar.” (Proverbs 19:22)
8. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23)
9. “Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?” (1 Peter 3:13)
10. “I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.” (1 Timothy 2:9-10)
11. “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” (Psalm 27:13)
12. “Who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.” (Titus 2:14)
13. “For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love” (2 Peter 1:5-7)
14. “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”?(Ephesians 4:2)
15. “This is what the Lord says: Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ (Jeremiah 6:16)
16. “Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.” (Psalm 34:14)
17. “Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.” (Luke 6:36)
18. “Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, Lord, are good.” (Psalm 25:6-7)
19. “Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.” (Psalm 37:3)
20. “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” (Galatians 6:10)
21. “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” (Romans 12:21)
22. “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever” (Psalms 23:6)
23. “Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions. Remember me according to your loving-kindness, for your goodness’ sake, LORD” (Psalms 25:7)
24. “Show me a sign of your goodness, that those who hate me may see it, and be shamed, because you, LORD, have helped me, and comforted me” (Psalms 86:17)
25. “Or do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and patience, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?” (Romans 2:4)
Thanks for reading through. Don’t forget to share with loved ones. May these scriptures about goodness transcend into your spirit and make you a good vessel for the Lord.