Our Christian world may stumble and fall if they search for money, wealth, and happiness without the Lord’s counsel. Here are 30 powerful Bible verses to guide you.
As our world increases in knowledge, the love of money also increases. Millennials for instance with their haughty eyes can’t live without thinking about money. It could be a dangerous thing searching for wealth without caution. Bible verses about money can educate you about the best way to live a successful life that pleases God. He will therefore make your life prosperous and worthy of His love, protection, blessings, and eternal life.
Why do You need To Read Bible verses about money?
Money is a powerful tool that could do all things as the wisest man ever to live on earth said. We need it to keep us going in many different ways. The Bible never said money is a bad thing but the love of it makes it evil!.
You, therefore, have to search through the scriptures and educate yourself with monetary issues that will make you successful in life and find favor in the sight of God.
I have therefore made a collection of verses that talk about money. Over the past few years, I have written a couple of articles pertaining to money in the Bible. They include:
1. Scriptures for business growth
2. Prosperity in the Bible
3. Why some rich men may not gain salvation
4. Bible investment plan
Warning To The Rich
“Come now, you rich! Weep and cry aloud over the miseries that are coming on you. Your riches have rotted and your clothing has become moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have rusted and their rust will be a witness against you. It will consume your flesh like fire. It is in the last days that you have hoarded treasure!. Look, the pay you have held back from the workers who mowed your fields cries out against you, and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived indulgently and luxuriously on the earth. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the righteous person, although he does not resist you” (James 5:1-6).
Selected Bible Verses About Money
Now take a look at these scriptures that talk about money and the kind of relationship that exists between them and man.
Christians have been warned to be very careful about money and wealth. It is the biggest and commonest bait the Devil uses to plunged people into sin. Money could easily turn your heart from God.
Feed your beautiful soul with these Bible verses about money and have a better understanding of God’s purpose for you.
1. “As goods increase, so do those who consume them. And what benefit are they to the owners except to feast their eyes on them?” (Ecclesiastes 5:11).
2. “For wisdom provides protection, just as money provides protection. But the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves the life of its owner” (Ecclesiastes 7:12).
3. “The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful” (Matthew 13:22).
4. “Then some soldiers also asked him, “And as for us – what should we do?” He told them, “Take money from no one by violence or by false accusation, and be content with your pay” (Like 3:14).
5. “Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil—this is a gift of God” (Ecclesiastes 5:19).
6. “The LORD has richly blessed my master and he has become very wealthy. The Lord has given him sheep and cattle, silver and gold, male and female servants, and camels and donkeys” (Genesis 24:35).
7. “A person’s riches may ransom their life, but the poor cannot respond to threatening rebukes” (Proverbs 13:8).
8. “After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before” (Job 42:10).
9. “Of what use is money in the hand of a fool, since he has no intention of acquiring wisdom?” (Proverbs 17:16).
10. “The Lord sends poverty and wealth;
he humbles and he exalts” (1 Samuel 2:7).
11. “The rich rule over the poor,
and the borrower is slave to the lender”?(Proverbs 22:7).
12. “Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord” (Proverbs 19:14).
13. “As Jesus looked at him, he felt love for him and said, “You lack one thing. Go, sell whatever you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me” (Matthew 10:21).
14. “If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?” (1 John 3:17).
15. “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want” (Philippians 4:12).
16. “The one who is lazy becomes poor, but the one who works diligently becomes wealthy” (Proverbs 10:4).
17. “Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all” (1 Chronicles 29:12).
18. “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs” (1 Timothy 6:10).
19. “Feasts are made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything” (Ecclesiastes 10:19).
20. “The wicked borrow and do not repay,
but the righteous give generously” (Psalm 37:21).
21. “This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing” (Romans 13:6).
22. “Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box. He also saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. He said, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all offered their gifts out of their wealth. But she, out of her poverty, put in everything she had to live on” (Luke 21:1-4).
23. “The wealth of the rich is their fortified city; they imagine it a wall too high to scale” (Proverbs 18:11).
24. “Command those who are rich in this world’s goods not to be haughty or to set their hope on riches, which are uncertain, but on God who richly provides us with all things for our enjoyment. Tell them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, to be generous givers, sharing with others. In this way they will save up a treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the future and so lay hold of what is truly life” (1 Timothy 6:17-19).
25. “I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches” (Psalm 119:14).
26. “Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death” (Proverbs 11:4).
27. “For which of you, wanting to build a tower, doesn’t sit down first and compute the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish the tower, all who see it will begin to make fun of him” (Luke 14:28-29).
28. “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money” (Matthew 6:24).
29. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle” (Proverbs 23:5).
30. “The law you have revealed is more important to me than thousands of pieces of gold and silver” (Psalms 119:72).
I believe these Bible verses about money have given you enough knowledge about how to live a godly life while you enjoy the Lord’s blessings.
Your comments and feedback are welcomed. And don’t forget to share if you find it really helpful. Let the world know about this.