Is hopelessness making you feel unimportant and empty? There are Bible verses available to help you accomplish your lofty goals in life. Success would be your portion if you never succumb to failure and all the challenges.
You may feel like everything is over for you. But that might be the beginning of your success. You need to read Bible verses about hope to uplift your spirit. God refines his lovely Children like gold. They pass through the fire to come out like a piece of beautiful jewelry.
Do you feel like all hope is gone?. If your answer is YES then let me quickly remind you that you are making a very big mistake. Look at you; you are still a living soul. There is breath in you. This simply means there is hope; Just as this popular statement goes: “where there is life there is hope.”
“But whoever is among the living has hope; a live dog is better than a dead lion (Ecclesiastics 9:4).”
As the year keeps moving faster than we can imagine; frustrations and fear easily grip us. But this shouldn’t be the case because as we profess to be devout Christians; we ought to acknowledge the fact that God’s time is the best.
In this post, I will share with you a number of Bible verses about hope. I have talked a lot about faith in a number of my articles such as Bible verses about faith and having faith that moves mountains
Well before I begin sharing with you Bible verses about hope; let’s try to have a better understanding of the difference between hope and faith. The finest answer I have ever found goes like this:
Faith: Is confidence or trust in a person or thing or a belief not based on proof.
Hope: Is an optimistic attitude of mind based on an expectation or desire.
The bottom line here is: Faith says it is so now, and hope says in the future it could happen. So by hoping we expect to have a successful future.
The person in question, therefore, happens to have a significant role to play. It is not about merely relying on Bible verses about hope. There is no need to live in a world of fantasies.
Apparently, Hebrews 11:1 gives us the best definition of faith. Now for the purpose of this article let’s focus on hope which actually says everything is going o be alright in the future.
Anyways after having a deep thought, you would come to the conclusion that hope has to be built on faith —else you would easily give up to your lofty goals.
After having a clear understanding of the disparity between faith and hope let me take you straight to the Bible verses about hope.
Important Things To Remember About Hope
The moment you start yearning for Bible verses for hope; you must be prepared to fight against all the challenges that would try to destroy your life.
Jesus is the fountain of water that gives life. With him, you would be free from the Devil’s plans to destroy your life. Take a minute and read these Bible verses about life. They will inspire you to lay down your whole life on God.
You would need to psych yourself up in defiance to any obstruction that may crop up from the Spiritual realm or the physical realm.
“Indeed surely there is a future hope, and your hope will not be cut off ( Proverbs 23:18).”
We are already at war and so must put on the full armor of God. With Him everything is possible. Your hope wouldn’t be in vain and nothing will bog you down.
Selected Bible Verses About Hope
1. “Why are you depressed, O my soul? Why are you upset? Wait for God! For I will again give thanks to my God for his saving intervention (Psalms 43:5).”
2. “So are the paths of all who forget God. The hope of the godless man will perish (Job 8:18).”
3. “You will be secure because there is hope. Yes, you will search and will take your rest in safety. Also, you will lie down, and no one will make you afraid. Yes, many will court your favor. But the eyes of the wicked will fail. They will have no way to flee. Their hope will be the giving up of the spirit (Job 11:18- 20).”
4. “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours (Matthew 11:24).”
As I share with you Bible verses about hope, just take a look at the one above. It explicitly makes the pronunciation of Faith. Sometimes we use both hope and faith interchangeably.
5. “For there is hope for a tree if it is cut down, that it will sprout again, that the tender branch of it will not cease (Job 15:7).”
6. “Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the LORD (Psalms 31:24).”
7. “But now, O Lord, upon what am I relying? You are my only hope! (Psalms 39:7).”
8. “Remember my impoverished and homeless condition, which is a bitter poison. I continually think about this, and I am depressed. But this I call to mind; therefore I have hope (Lamentations 3:19-21).”
9. “Looking at them, Jesus said, “With men this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).”
10. “My confident hope is that I will in no way be ashamed but that with complete boldness, even now as always, Christ will be exalted in my body, whether I live or die (Philippians 1:20).”
Let me make it known to you that the early believers went through a lot of troubles. They faced challenges beyond the level of their understanding. But in all, because they hoped in the redeeming power of God.
Job, and David, for instance, lamented when they were going through painful situations. They dealt with unimaginable afflictions by confiding in God.
God never failed them and He wouldn’t fail anyone who trusts in him unconditionally. He will not fail you too. So hold the torch of hope high in the sky!.