Christians can’t be ungrateful for all the good things God has done. These Bible verses that praise God would touch your heart to exalt his Holy name every day.
Our God is awesome. He deserves all the praise and adoration. We owe him his praises so let’s give that to him. God has done a lot for his children. By his power, he holds everything together and by his grace, we are alive and confident of a better future— more importantly salvation. Have you searched the scriptures for Bible verses that praise God? Wait, I have a bunch of them for you right here.
You see, to praise God is a command that we must obey. Throughout the Old Testament to the New Testament, you can see several Bible verses that praise God.
The Psalmist demonstrated that on several occasions. And if you would refuse to praise his Holy name, his creation will shake, roar, and praise his name.
The birds in the sky will sing praises, the mountains will tremble and praise the Lord, stones will cry out, myriad of Angels will sing and bow before God. Don’t be ungrateful — give thanks and praise to the Lord.
We do have our own troubles but that can’t be a valid excuse for not giving thanks and praises to the Lord. I believe these Bible verses about praising God will remind you of how indepted you have been to him.
The Bible says let your praises be more than your request. This tells every good Christian how imperative praises and worship are to the service of God.
Use These 32 Scriptures To Exalt The Lord
Before you begin reading these scriptures that praise God, I believe you might like to figure out some of these inspiring Christian songs.
1. “Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD from the heavens. Praise Him in the heights. Praise him, all his angels. Praise him, all his army. Praise him, sun and moon. Praise him, all you shining stars. Praise him, you heavens of heavens, You waters that are above the heavens. Let them praise the name of the LORD, For he commanded, and they were created” (Psalms 148:1 – 5).
2. “The LORD is my strength and song. He has become my salvation. This is my God, and I will praise him; my father’s God, and I will exalt him” (Exodus 15:2).
3. “Who is like you, LORD, among the gods? Who is like you, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?” (Exodus 15:11).
4. “When the peace of Christ rules in our hearts, thankfulness overflows. Even in the darkest of times, we can praise God for his love, his sovereignty, and his promise to be near us when we call” (Psalm 145:18).
5. “The LORD, you are my God. I will exalt you. I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago, in complete faithfulness and truth” (Isaiah 25:1).
6. “He is your praise, and he is your God, who has done for you these great and awesome things, which your eyes have seen” (Deuteronomy 10:21).
7. “Hear, you kings. Give ear, you princes. I, even I, will sing to the LORD. I will sing praise to the LORD, the God of Israel” (Judges 5:3).
8. “Declare his glory among the nations, and his marvelous works among all the peoples. For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised. He also is to be feared above all gods” (1 Chronicles 16:24 – 25).
9. “Is any among you suffering? Let him pray. Is any cheerful? Let him sing praises” (James 5:13).
10. “To the end that my heart may sing praise to you, and not be silent. LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever” (Psalms 30:12).
11. “Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God. For I will still praise him, my salvation a and my God” (Psalms 42:5).
12. “Sing praise to God, sing praises. Sing praises to our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth. Sing praises with understanding.” (Psalms 47:6 – 7).
13. “Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are right and his ways are just; and those who walk in pride he is able to humble” (Daniel 4:37).
14. “When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. In God, I praise his word. In God, I put my trust. I will not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?” (Psalms 55:3 – 4).
15. “Sing to God. Sing praises to his name. Extol him who rides on the clouds: to the LORD, c his name. Rejoice before him. A father of the fatherless, and a defender of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. God sets the lonely in families. He brings out the prisoners with singing, but the rebellious dwell in a sun-scorched land” (Psalms 68:4 – 6).
16. “I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. It will please the LORD better than an ox, or a bull that has horns and hoofs” (Psalms 69: 30 – 31).
17. “The LORD, you are my God. I will exalt you. I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago, in complete faithfulness and truth” (Isaiah 25:1).
18. “They took the branches of the palm trees, and went out to meet him, and were shouting, “Hosanna. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, the King of Israel” (John 12:13).
19. “Some of the Pharisees from the crowd said to him, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.” He answered them, “I tell you that if these were silent, the stones would cry out” (Luke 19:39 – 40).
20. “As he was now getting near, at the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works which they had seen, saying, “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord. Peace in heaven, and glory in the highest” (Luke 19:37 – 38).
21. “Through him, then, let us offer up a sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of lips that confess his name” (Hebrews 13:15).
22. “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
23. “The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sits on the throne, saying, “Amen. Hallelujah.” A voice came forth from the throne, saying, “Give praise to our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, the small and the great” (Revelation 19:4 – 5).
24. “They sang to one another in praising and giving thanks to the LORD, “For he is good, for his loving kindness endures forever toward Israel.” All the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD had been laid” (Ezra 3:11).
25. “So we, your people and sheep of your pasture, will give you thanks forever. We will praise you forever, to all generations” (Psalms 79:13).
26. “Praise the LORD, all you angels of his, who are mighty in strength, who fulfill his word, obeying the voice of his word. Praise the LORD, all you armies of his, you servants of his, who do his pleasure. Praise the LORD, all you works of his, in all places of his dominion. Praise the LORD.” (Psalms 103:20 – 22).
27. “The humble shall eat and be satisfied. They shall praise the LORD who seek after him. Let your hearts live forever. Every part of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you” (Psalms 22:26 – 27).
28. “Do not get drunk with wine, which is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs; singing, and singing praises in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always concerning all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father” (Ephesians 5:18 – 20).
29. “Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary. Praise him in his heavens for his acts of power. Praise him for his mighty acts. Praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet. Praise him with harp and lyre. Praise him with tambourine and dancing. Praise him with stringed instruments and flute. Praise him with loud cymbals. Praise him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD” (Psalms 150:1 – 6).
30. “It is a good thing to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to your name, Most High; to proclaim your loving-kindness in the morning, and your faithfulness every night” (Psalms 92:1 – 2).
31. “The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures threw themselves to the ground and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne, saying: “Amen! Hallelujah!” (Revelation 19:4).
32. “If it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (Joshua 24:15).
May these Bible verses that praise God inspire you to thank him every day with a joyful heart. Sing praises to adore and exalt his name for this is command for his creation. You are not exempted. Be grateful for the Lord is good.