Living your daily life by feeding yourself and family with thanksgiving Bible verses invoke the Lord’s blessings on you. Don’t wait for “Thanksgiving day” before you show your gratitude to God.
It is right to give Him thanks and praise. Because in His Power, He holds everything together. Being grateful to God is one of the best reverence any Christian can use to portray his faith in Him. It would look much pleasing if you season that with Thanksgiving Bible verses.
Today, I would like to remind the Christian world that giving thanks to the Lord should be our daily habit. Just like how each one of us has to read the Bible on a daily basis. It’s been very common to see people moving around with the mentality of waiting for a special occasion before they can show appreciation for what the Lord has done for them.
Without any doubt, the commonest idea that comes into mind when we hear about “Thanksgiving day” is having our roasted turkey and other delicious dishes on the dining table.
This festivity has been celebrated by the people of America annually in the month of November. And while I have always been skeptical about certain festivities in Christianity; I question myself about its relevance to the worship of our Lord Christ Jesus.
History asserts that it was first celebrated by 53 pilgrims and other native Americans in 1621. It’s actually a traditional festival.
I tried to understand why most Christians wait and wait until it is “Thanksgiving Day” before they come into the realization that they have to give thanks to God for all the amazing things He has done for them. Let these Bible verses that praise God be in your heart so that you never forget to exalt his Holy name.
There is no need to wait for a special occasion before you give thanks to the Lord. From the Biblical perspective, there is no command for Christians to celebrate “Thanksgiving Day” unlike the Passover also known as “the Last Supper.”
One major reason for my skepticism about hyping such a special occasion is about Christians blindly celebrating festivals like ‘”Halloween”; which is absolutely wrong.
However, I do not find anything wrong about thanking God on a special occasion if indeed you do that for His glory. Feasting in general is not a sin. But be reminded that gluttony is a sinful act. So be on guard when enjoying your wild parties. The Bible first recorded the “thanksgiving offering” in the book of Leviticus 7.
“If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried” (Leviticus 7:12).
I would therefore go ahead and share a couple of Biblical truths with Thanksgiving Bible verses that can help anyone wanting to show gratitude to the Lord.
Give Thanks To The Lord
There are a number of Bible verses that help us understand the importance of giving thanks to the Lord. He has done so much for us that we should always feel indebted to give Him thanks and praises.
Consider the very life you have, the air you breathe, the plants that give us food, and all the wonderful benefits we derive from nature.
Shouldn’t we use thanksgiving Bible verses on a daily basis to praise His name?. To be thankful to God you must believe that:
1. Every good thing comes from Him
2. He sustains you by His grace and mercy
Being Grateful To God With Thanksgiving Bible Verses
In all things, we must thank God. Even in pain and suffering, we must acknowledge Him as the one true God who knows the best for His children.
Have you been busy all these while doing your own thing without giving thanks to the Lord?. It is time you give back to him all the praises you have withheld.
“And you will have food enough and be full, praising the Lord your God for the good land he has given you” (Deuteronomy 8:10)
We can’t wait for a bumper harvest before we search the scriptures with thanksgiving Bible verses. It should be a daily practice.
1. “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
2. “The one who observes the day does it for the Lord. The one who eats, eats for the Lord because he gives thanks to God, and the one who abstains from eating abstains for the Lord, and he gives thanks to God” (Romans 14:6).
3. “Let’s enter his presence with thanksgiving! Let’s shout out to him in celebration!” (Psalms 95:2).
4. “You will have plenty to eat, and your hunger will be fully satisfied; you will praise the name of the LORD your God, who has acted wondrously in your behalf. My people will never again be put to shame” (Joel 2:26).
5. “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give him thanks! Praise his name!” (Psalms 100:4)
6. “Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God” (Philippians 4:6).
7. “For every creation of God is good and no food is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving” (1 Timothy 4:4).
7. “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1Thessalonians 5:16-18).
8. “So now my heart will sing to you and not be silent; O LORD my God, I will always give thanks to you” (Psalms 30:12).
9. “Why are you depressed, O my soul? Why are you upset? Wait for God! For I will again give thanks to my God for his saving intervention” (Psalms 42:11).
9. “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods” (Psalm 95:1-3).
10. “Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things” (Psalm 107:8-9).
11. “Give thanks to the God of gods, for his loyal love endures” (Psalms 136:2).
12. “Free me from prison, that I may give thanks to your name. Because of me the godly will assemble, for you will vindicate me” (Psalms 142:7).
13. “So since we are receiving an unshakable kingdom, let us give thanks, and through this let us offer worship pleasing to God in devotion and awe. For our God is indeed a devouring fire” (Hebrews 12:28-29).
14. “With these words: “We give you thanks, Lord God, the All-Powerful, the one who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and begun to reign” (Revelation 11:17).
15. “It is a good thing to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to your name, Most High; to proclaim your loving-kindness in the morning, and your faithfulness every night, with the ten-stringed lute, with the harp, and with the melody of the lyre. For you, LORD, have made me glad through your work. I will triumph in the works of your hands. How great are your works, LORD. Your thoughts are very deep. A senseless man doesn’t know, neither does a fool understand this” (Psalms 92:1-6).
16. “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” (Colossians 3:17)
17. “You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God” (2Corinthians 9:11).
18. “They also stood in a designated place every morning and offered thanks and praise to the LORD. They also did this in the evening” (1 Chronicles 23:3).
19. ” The trumpeters and musicians played together, praising and giving thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals, and other instruments, they loudly praised the LORD, singing: “Certainly he is good; certainly his loyal love endures!” Then a cloud filled the LORD’s temple” (2 Chronicles 5:13).
20. “saying, “Amen! Praise and glory, and wisdom and thanksgiving, and honor and power and strength be to our God forever and ever. Amen!” (Revelation 7:12).
I am hopeful these 20 Thanksgiving Bible verses have been greatly helpful to you. I do welcome your comment and contributions. And please, don’t forget to spread this to your friends and loved ones through the share buttons. Thank you!.