Who would ever reject wisdom or wise counseling? It is precious than gold and jewelry. Unfortunately, common sense is not common to common people; that is why we need to seek for knowledge such as wise quotes in the Bible and other sources. This would make life intriguing and promising.
Being too busy in life without learning any lesson from wise men is useless. Remember how the Bible instructs the sluggard to go to the ant and learn her ways. When wisdom speaks — there becomes an absolute silence.
Wise quotes, for instance, warms the heart of anyone living in difficult times or feeling uninspired.
As you find yourself reading this post — I feel privileged to share with you a collection of these quotes ranging from the Bible and other renowned personals who have actually made a lot of impact in our world.
Don’t be surprised I decided to begin feeding you with wise quotes from the Bible. You see, the Bible gives accounts of the wisest man ever to live on earth. And as a matter of fact, we need to learn a lot from him.
When we are talking about wisdom, then God is the source. Wisdom from above is the best you could ever have. We must, therefore, draw a line between earthly wisdom and Godly wisdom. You may visit “Love God Greatly” to read about the disparity between earthly wisdom and heavenly wisdom.
A Quick Reminder
There is something else I want you to take note of. Some of these individuals whose wise quotes appear here have their own beliefs. It’s their choices. I don’t want to be judgemental here or talk about their personal lives, but let’s read what they have to say.
In our various societies, we are faced with many different challenges. One single wise saying can inspire you, it can open your eyes to know what to do henceforth. After all, God wants us to make good use of our brains so that we can derive the best out of life.
Don’t forget to put God first in everything you do. He is the source of light, wisdom and any good and beautiful thing you could ever think of.
“I believe in the Bible. I believe that all good things come from God. I don’t believe I’d sing the way I do if God hadn’t wanted me to.”
— Elvis Presley
Wise Quotes From The Bible — Part 1
1. “A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will attain to sound counsel” (Proverbs 1:5)
2. “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; but the foolish despise wisdom and instructions” (Proverbs 1:7)
3. “Do not be wise in your own eyes. Fear the LORD, and depart from evil” (Proverbs 3:7).
4. “The wise will inherit glory, but shame will be the promotion of fools”(Proverbs 3:35).
5. “Go to the ant, you sluggard. Consider her ways, and be wise” (Proverbs 6:6).
6. “Hear instruction, and be wise. Do not refuse it” (Proverbs 8:33).
7. “Do not reprove a scoffer, lest he hates you. Reprove a wise man, and he will love you” (Proverbs 9:8).
8. “Instruct a wise man, and he will be still wiser. Teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning” (Proverbs 9:9).
9. “If you are wise, you are wise for yourself. If you mock, you alone will bear it” (Proverbs 9:12).
10. “Wisdom is a strength to the wise man more than ten rulers who are in a city” (Ecclesiastics 7:19).
11. “Better is a poor and wise youth than an old and foolish king who doesn’t know how to receive admonition any more” (Ecclesiastics 4:13).
Wise Quotes — Biblical Thoughts Part 2
12. “A wise man has great power; and a knowledgeable man increases strength” (Proverbs 24:5).
13. “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; but the foolish despise wisdom and instructions” (Proverbs 1:7).
14. “How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? How long will mockers delight themselves in mockery, and fools hate knowledge?” (Proverbs 1:22).
15. “For to the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge, and joy; but to the sinner he gives travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him who pleases God. This also is vanity and a chasing after the wind” (Ecclesiastics 2:26).
16. “For wisdom is a defense, even as money is a defense; but the excellency of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the life of him who has it” (Ecclesiastics 7:12).
17. “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol, where you are going” (Ecclesiastics 9:10).
The World’s Thoughts That Inspires — Wise Quotes Part 1
Here, I have select selected a number of wise quotes from people who have contributed to the morality, betterment and the consciousness of our various societies. Their thoughtful ideas always have something to teach us about life.
It sends both direct and indirect advice to us. Take a look at it:
18. “If you place your head in a lion’s mouth, then you cannot complain one day if he happens to bite it off”
19. “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted”
20. “Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them”
21. “In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher”
22. “The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual’s own reason and critical analysis”
23. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing”
24. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect”
25. “We must live together as brothers or perish together as fools”
—Martin Luther King
26. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong”
27. “What you’re thinking is what you’re becoming”
28. “Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something”
29. “Let him who would move the world first move himself”
30. “Don’t criticize what you don’t understand, son. You never walked in that man’s shoes”
31. “Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds”
32. “Never put off for tomorrow, what you can do today”
33. “Those who can not change their minds can not change anything”
—George Bernard Shaw
34. “The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it”
35. “Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful”
36. “The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him”
37. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action”
38. “The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you think you can only do a little”
39. “Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind”
40. “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are”
41. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it”
42. “Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little”
The World’s Thoughts Part 2
This part is more of an inspiration to the soul. It revitalizes you to work harder and believe in your intuitions. You can read it every day before you step out of bed to do whatever job you are doing.
43. “Vision without execution is just hallucination”
44. “Once you start working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest”
45. “Good things happen to those who hustle”
46. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will”
47. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed”
48. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure”
49. “When things go wrong don’t go with them”
50. “If you try to be anyone but yourself, you will fail; if you are not true to your own heart, you will fail. Then again, there’s no success like failure”
Have these wise quotes been beneficial to you? Why not share with friends and loved ones?. I welcome your comments and contributions.