Christians should never undermine God’s promises under any circumstances. He has better plans to give you a good life. You have zero reasons not to trust him.
The Bible is full of God’s promises which give assurance to all Christians. The maker of heaven and earth knew us far more than we know ourselves. He is fully aware of our strengths and weaknesses and as matter of fact, he has greater plans to give us the best in everything we need. If you ever read about some of the promises from God recorded in the Bible; you would never worry about the future; neither about the challenges that will crop up on your way.
Promise and fail?. Nobody wants it. Mankind will disappoint you, he will break your heart and make you feel worthless. God never fails. If you will trust him today, all his promises to give you a peaceful life, happy marriage, justice, a better job, and happiness would be fulfilled.
In this post, you would learn a lot about some of the promises from God for those who believe in him. If you are a child of God, nothing will despair you. And nothing can put a smile on your face better than God’s promises.
Additionally, there are supportive Bible verses to help you rely fully on God. If you think God is delaying then read this post that explains why God is not slow in keeping His promises. There is no need to be overwhelmed by the challenges you face. Trust God and His perfect timing.
“How sweet are your promises to my taste, more than honey to my mouth.” ( Psalms 119:103)
In a hectic world like this, it is not advisable to make promises or rely on the promises of a man. Man will fail you someday. It is one of the hardest truths you would ever hear on earth. After all, a bitter pill does not kill, it heals and liberates you from any pain.
I explained this in one of my articles “Why You Should Never Make A Promise.” Have you ever made a promise and failed before?. Has anyone promised you and failed before?. I guess you have. Your imperfection makes it very doubtful to fulfill any promise you make either.
But, here we are talking about promises from God that encourages us to trust him. There is nothing to doubt about God’s promises. He has never failed his obedient Children before. Even whiles the Israelites showed antagonistic behaviors toward him, he still gave them the promised land.
“It shall happen when you have come to the land which the LORD will give you, according to as he has promised, that you shall keep this service.” (Exodus 12:25)
He Has Done It Before – Trust Him
God promised to give his Children a savior ( Christ Jesus) and he did it. He promised to give his Children the Holy Spirit and he did it. He has promised to give you a beautiful future, protection, long life, and a place in heaven and surely he will.
God’s promises are numerous for his Children. He did fulfill all his promises for our forefathers: Jacob, Isaac, David, Abraham/Sarah,…
God’s Promises For Our Today’s Generation,
God’s promises for Christians did not end with our forefathers. He gave us new promises through his son Jesus Christ. The greatest promise being Salvation for born-again Christians radiates through the ministry of Christ Jesus.
“In hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began.” ( Titus 1:2)
I believe there are one or two things you really need from God. Bear in mind that every good thing comes from above.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. ( Matthew 11:28-29)
Waiting On God’s Promises
If you are patiently waiting to see God fulfill any of his sweet promises in your life, you must not;
1. Lose faith
2. Be a slave to sin
If you keep on doing abominable things then don’t expect to receive God’s perfect plans for you. STAY AWAY FROM SIN. Prepare yourself to endure the pains and the challenges that will come on your way.
“Having, therefore, these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” ( 2 Corinthians 7:1 )
Do not believe in any other gods nor Sorcerers who promise to give you a brighter future, protection, peace, or happiness. They are agents of Satan ( the father of lies). God describes them as:
“…foolish, promise-breakers, heartless, unforgiving, unmerciful.” ( Romans 1:31)
God’s Promises From Selected Bible Verses
You will surely need these promises from God. I have listed 20 Bible verses that remind us to trust in the Lord for he has better plans to deliver us from all our troubles.
1. “If you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door, it desires to have you, but you must master it” – Genesis 4: 7
2. “If you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door, it desires to have you, but you must master It” – Genesis 4: 7
3. “He does not ignore the cry of the afflicted” – Psalms 9: 12.
4. “The Lord will go before you” – Isaiah 52: 12
5. “The Lord will guide you always” – Isaiah 58: 11.
6. “Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labour in vain” – Psalms 127: 1.
7. “Be still and know that I am your God” – Psalms 46: 10.
8. “But with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles” – 2 Chronicles 32: 8.
9. “Behold, I will pour out My Spirit upon you” – Proverbs 1: 23.
10. “Truly I say there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake for the gospel’s sake, but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mother and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life – Mark 10: 29.
11. “I will make you most prosperous in all the work of your hands” – Deuteronomy 30: 9.
12. “I will never leave you nor forsake you be strong and courageous” – Joshua 1: 5.
13. “Do not be afraid, I am your shield” – Genesis 15: 1.
14. “May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you” – Psalms 20: 1.
15. “I will receive you, I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Almighty” – 2 Corinthians 6: 18.
16. “Surely, God will not act wickedly and the Almighty will not pervert justice” – Job 34: 12.
17. “For I will surely save you .. because you have put your trust in Me” – Jeremiah 39: 18.
18. “I will begin to exalt you in the sight of all” – Joshua 3: 7.
19. “I will give you the treasures of darkness, and riches stored in secret places” – Isaiah 45 : 3.
20. “Be strong and do not be discouraged for there is reward for your work” – 2 Chronicles 15: 7.
Finally, if you need anything from God, you must never lose hope in him. Let your faith increase each day, pray, and wait for the Lord.
All the promises from God shall come to pass, just be an obedient child and you would be greatly blessed by his loving-kindness.
Your part is to obey his word and he will take care of the rest. His perfect will and timing will bring you all the good things you need. He has never failed before, this is the kind of person you must trust.