Women often feel weak, fearful, and doubtful about their strength in the Christian ministry. There are Bible verses that empower them to live wisely with a strong faith in Jesus Christ —even in the outside world.
Living for Christ requires a strong desire to stand firm in the faith even during afflictions of any kind. This kind of challenge is something many women find themselves unfit to handle. I believe, it is time we encourage our women to stay strong in the faith —understand their worth in Christiandom and inside the real world of life. Inspirational Bible verses for women can ideally boost the faith of our sisters, wives, daughters, mothers, etc.
Often, some women fail to recognize their worth. They fail to see the bigger picture of their roles in building a strong church or nation. Christianity isn’t for the weak or the coward. You must be strong in Christ — because the challenges will always come.
Here, I will share with you many inspirational Bible verses for women; especially those who desire to be instrumental in fortifying the body of Christ (Church).
Besides, it is important to stay positive and motivated to work hard, help others, be a life changer and leave behind good legacies for the next generation. Christ lives in us —and through him, all his children can do all things. Amen!
A woman’s success in Christ and field of work is an inspiration to other women. So strive to be a good leader.
Scriptures Empowering Women To Be Strong In Christ Jesus
Let’s begin giving strength to our women by first looking through the New Testament and how the Gospel inspires women in the ministry and how to handle life’s toughest situations in marriages, schools, workplaces, etc.
1. “For freedom Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not be subject again to the yoke of slavery.” (Galatians 5:1)
2. “Take my yoke on you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and my load is not hard to carry.” (Matthew 11:29 – 30)
3. “Likewise the women are to dress in suitable apparel, with modesty and self-control. Their adornment must not be with braided hair and gold or pearls or expensive clothing, but with good deeds, as is proper for women who profess reverence for God.” (1 Timothy 2:9 – 10)
4. “When Jesus learned of this, he said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a good service for me.” (Matthew 26:10)
5. “Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ so that – whether I come and see you or whether I remain absent – I should hear that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind, by contending side by side for the faith of the gospel, and by not being intimidated in any way by your opponents. This is a sign of their destruction, but of your salvation – a sign which is from God.” (Philippians 1:27 – 28)
6. “For it has been granted to you not only to believe in Christ but also to suffer for him.” (Philippians 1:29)
7. “So then, dear brothers and sisters, be firm. Do not be moved! Always be outstanding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.” (1 Corinthians 15:58)
8. “Resist him, strong in your faith, because you know that your brothers and sisters throughout the world are enduring the same kinds of suffering.” (1 Peter 5:9)
9. “But when Jesus turned and saw her he said, “Have courage, daughter! Your faith has made you well.” And the woman was healed from that hour.” (Matthew 9:22)
10. “When she recognized Peter’s voice, she was so overjoyed she did not open the gate, but ran back in and told them that Peter was standing at the gate. But they said to her, “You’ve lost your mind!” But she kept insisting that it was Peter, and they kept saying, “It is his angel!” (Acts 12:14 – 15)
11. “For God did not give us a Spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control” (2 Timothy 1:7)
12. “For you did not receive the spirit of slavery leading again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry, “Abba, Father.” (Romans 8:15)
13. “As he said these things, a woman in the crowd spoke out to him, “Blessed is the womb that bore you and the breasts at which you nursed!” But he replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!” (Luke 11:27 – 28)
14. “My goal is that their hearts, having been knit together in love, may be encouraged, and that they may have all the riches that assurance brings in their understanding of the knowledge of the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (Colossians 2:2 – 3)
15. “So in all our distress and affliction, we were reassured about you, brothers and sisters, through your faith.” (1 Timothy 3:7)
16. “Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will trouble, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?” (Romans 8:35)
17. “Finally then, brothers and sisters, we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received instruction from us about how you must live and please God (as you are in fact living) that you do so more and more.” (1 Thessalonians 4:1)
18. “Brothers and sisters, do not be children in your thinking. Instead, be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.” (1 Corinthians 14:20)
19. “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of respect, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if something is excellent or praiseworthy, think about these things.” (Philippians 4:8)
20. “Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice, set things right, be encouraged, agree with one another, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you.” (2 Corinthians 13:11)
Bible Verses For Women From The Old Testament
The Old Testament also offers us encouraging Bible verses for women. There were a number of distinguished individuals who worshiped God wholeheartedly and held on to the faith, proving to be valuable —full of wisdom and strength. Our women today can learn from these courageous believers.
21. “Then the man said, “This one at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; this one will be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.” (Genesis 2:23)
22. “So God treated the midwives well, and the people multiplied and became very strong. And because the midwives feared God, he made households for them.”? (Exodus 1:20 – 21)
23. “The Lord announced the word; a great company of women proclaim the good news.” (Psalms 68:11)
24. “Who can find a wife of noble character? For her value is far more than rubies.” (Proverbs 31:10)
25. “Charm is deceitful and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD will be praised.” (Proverbs 31:30)
26. “When her labor was at its hardest, the midwife said to her, “Don’t be afraid, for you are having another son.” (Genesis 35:17)
27. “She is clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future.” (Proverbs 31:25)
28. “One day Elisha traveled to Shunem, where a prominent woman lived. She insisted that he stop for a meal. So whenever he was passing through, he would stop in there for a meal.” (2 Kings 4:8)
29. “But God heard the boy’s voice. The angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and asked her, “What is the matter, Hagar? Don’t be afraid, for God has heard the boy’s voice right where he is crying.” (Genesis 21:17)
30. “All the women who were wise-hearted spun with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, the blue, the purple, the scarlet, and the fine linen.” (Exodus 35:25)
31. “The women sang one to another as they played, and said, “Saul has slain his thousands, David his ten thousands.” (1 Samuel 18:7)
I believe these encouraging Bible verses will inspire any Christian woman wanting to find her courage and increase in faith. Life itself is tough and unpredictable. But with Christ in the vessel —everything is possible.
These are inspirational Bible verses about women who want to stay strong in faith. Get them from both the New and Old Testaments.