Without love, you can’t be a child of God. Christians who practically make use of any of these Bible verses about loving one another would receive God’s favor. You just forget about your enemies or haters.
Christians have been tasked to follow the exemplary life of Christ Jesus. He is full of love. And this is exactly what he came to teach us. Because love surpasses everything. It even covers sin and brings peace among humanity. It is therefore imperative for Christian to be familiar with Bible verses to love one another.
And as you find yourself reading this post, you would come to know about the perfect love of God and how it redeems us from every sin and afflictions.
He has even commanded us to show love to our enemies. So by getting insight from Bible verses to love one another; you must be ready to love your enemies as well. It may sound insane and literally hard to render. But this is a commandment from God.
12 Verses For Loving Your Neighbor
1. “I give you a new commandment – to love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another” (John 13:34).
2. “Be devoted to one another with mutual love, showing eagerness in honoring one another” (Romans 12:10).
3. “Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law” (Romans 13:8).
4. “Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice, set things right, be encouraged, agree with one another, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you” (2 Corinthians 13:11).
5. “For you were called to freedom, brothers, and sisters; only do not use your freedom as an opportunity to indulge your flesh, but through love serve one another” (Galatians 5:13).
6. “…with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace” (Ephesians 4:2–3)
7. “And may the Lord cause you to increase and abound in love for one another and for all, just as we do for you” (1 Thessalonians 3:12).
8. “Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been fathered by God and knows God” (1 John 4:7).
9. “Above all keep your love for one another fervent, because love covers a multitude of sins” (1 Peter 4:8).
10. “You have purified your souls by obeying the truth in order to show sincere mutual love. So love one another earnestly from a pure heart” (1 Peter 1:22).
11. “But now I ask you, lady (not as if I were writing a new commandment to you, but the one we have had from the beginning), that we love one another” ( 2 John 1:5).
12. “No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God resides in us, and his love is perfected in us” (1 John 4:12).
Special Love For Your Enemies Verses
Here are verses from Matthew 5:43… which talks about extending your perfect love to cover those who hate you.
It wouldn’t make you a good Christian if you only concentrate on making use of Bible verses about loving one another. It is not always about your neighbor but your enemies as well.
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor’ and ‘hate your enemy.’
But I say to you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you,
so that you may be like your Father in heaven, since he causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Even the tax collectors do the same, don’t they?
And if you only greet your brothers, what more do you do? Even the Gentiles do the same, don’t they?
So then, be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect” (Matthew 5:43-48.
A practical example of demonstrating love to everyone, especially your enemies is found in the parable of the good Samaritan. This parable teaches us a valuable lesson about the power of love and the importance of “life” to God.
We must constantly show love to one another. As for revenge and punishment; leave everything into the care of God. Your portion is to be loving just like God. And your reward would be far greater than anything.
Finally, I believe these Bible verses to love one another has been greatly helpful to you. Go out there and demonstrate the love of God residing inside you and surely you will touch many hearts. Stay blessed. Keep loving!.