One day you would be remembered by your words and the actions you took toward people around you. There is an African Proverb that says “When one dies his tongue never rots.”
People are watching you and everything you are doing. Would they remember your legacies like we are touched by Martin Luther King Jr. quotes?. Living for a century without any positive impacts on the lives of people is useless? Every minute and moment is a privilege to touch the hearts of people around you and the world at large. Everything you do, every single word you utter must be good for building a better life for others. This is the best way to leave everlasting legacies behind. Martin Luther King Jr. is one of the prolific individuals the world has ever seen. He had a great impact on the lives of the youth just like the Greek Philosopher, Socrates.
So, today I present to you some Martin King Jr. quotes that will enlighten your day.
Who Was Martin Luther King Jr?
Martin Luther King, Jr. was born on January 15, 1929, in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
Martin Luther King, Jr. was a social activist and Baptist minister who played a major role in the American civil rights movement from somewhere in 1950. He was assassinated in the year 1968.
After years of campaigning by activists, members of Congress and Coretta Scott King, among others, in 1983 President Ronald Reagan signed a bill and honoured him by creating a U.S. federal holiday in his name. It is Observed on the third Monday of January, Martin Luther King Day was first celebrated in 1986.
Heart-Touching Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes
There are a lot more of Martin Luther King Jr. quotes around us but have selected these that look exceptional for building the Christian family and the morality in our societies. He used politics to fight for freedom and equal rights for the black race in the ’50s and ’60s.
However, in these Martin Luther King Junior quotes I have omitted almost all his political quotes.
1. “Not everybody can be famous but everybody can be great because greatness is determined by service… You only need a heart full of grace and a soul generated by love.”
2. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
3. “Everybody can be great … because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”
4. “I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.”
5. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
6. “So even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream.”
7. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.”
8. “We have learned to fly the air like birds, we have learned to swim the seas like fish and yet we haven’t learned to walk the earth like brothers and sisters…”
9. “Keep feeling the need for being first. But I want you to be the first in love. I want you to be the first in moral excellence. I want you to be the first in generosity.”
10. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
11. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes About God And Christian Life
12. “The God whom we worship is not a weak and incompetent God. He is able to beat back gigantic waves of opposition and to bring low prodigious mountains of evil. The ringing testimony of the Christian faith is that God is able.
13. “By opening our lives to God in Christ, we become new creatures. This experience, which Jesus spoke of like the new birth, is essential if we are to be transformed nonconformists … Only through an inner spiritual transformation do we gain the strength to fight vigorously the evils of the world in a humble and loving spirit.”
14. “If any earthly institution or custom conflicts with God’s will, it is your Christian duty to oppose it. You must never allow the transitory, evanescent demands of man-made institutions to take precedence over the eternal demands of the Almighty God.”
15. “Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.”
16. “The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: ‘If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?’ But… the good Samaritan reversed the question: ‘If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?’
The above are some of the many Martin Luther King Jr. quotes out there. And I hope it has been very helpful to you. His legacies will leave forever. It is your choice to have a positive impact in this world.
Your comments, feedback and contributions are welcomed. And don’t forget to share with friends and loved ones.