Have you thought about what people say about success? What does success mean to you? Grab some inspiration and knowledge with messages from world CEOs, leaders, rich men, etc, to live happily with a progressive lifestyle.
The world has seen some of the greatest wealthiest men defining and explaining the meaning of success from different points of view. When a critical look is taken, we can conclude that the answer will always differ with certain important elements that are geared toward growth and positivity. These men have answered the question “what does success mean to you?” with their thoughts and experiences —so there is no single and rigid definition available.
However, I believe no one would define success without being optimistic in this regard. Ask any CEO or rich man and you would be thrilled at what they will tell you.
Finding the meaning of success feels like being out there in the streets with trivial questions. The answers would always be different and amusing. You can also come out with what success means to you; No one has the right to trash it. Because we live with different belief systems.
Even a little progression in life could be classified by someone as “success.” It doesn’t have to be about amassing a huge amount of wealth, having the best marriage, education, job, business; being rich, super intelligent, etc,
What Success Means To Me
Personally, success means being able to achieve the goals you once set with satisfaction and happiness. It sounds as simple as that.
It could completely be a personal experience or that of a group of people, company or institution. As far as there is progress, satisfaction, positivity and happiness, they can say they have been successful. This is a stage of life that never depicts sadness, retrogression or regrets — there is no room for negative emotions when talking about genuine success. But don’t forget that there are levels of success and each radiates a sense of joy and positivity.
What Do Others Say?
Several individuals such as Bill Gates, Zig Ziglar, etc, have shared their thoughts about the meaning of success and here I have listed a couple of them.
1. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence. —Colin Powell
2. “Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result.” —Oscar Wilde
3. “Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction.” —Al Bernstein
4. “Success is following the pattern of life one enjoys most.” —Al Capp
5. “Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.” —George S. Patton
6. “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph.” —Zig Ziglar
7. “Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” —Zig Ziglar
8. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” —Maya Angelou
9. “Success is possible for me because I have the right opportunities, and I take advantage of them when I see them. I know the path I need to take in order to succeed.” —Anonymous
10. “Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.” —Bobby Unser
11. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” —Dale Carnegie
12. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” —Robert Collier
13. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” —Bill Gates
14. “Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.” —John Wooden
15. “Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.” —Arnold H. Glasgow
16. “Success is the progressive realization of predetermined, worthwhile, personal goals.” —Paul J. Meyer
17. “Success is the child of drudgery and perseverance. It cannot be coaxed or bribed; pay the price and it is yours.” —Orison Swett Marden
18. “Success is failure kicked to pieces by hard work and perseverance.” —Anonymous
Now, I believe you have gotten the main idea behind the meaning of success. Success never ends, there are levels up to the top and no one seems to be obsessed.
Interestingly, the American singer —DJ Khalid has a popular album entitled “suffering from success.” That’s ironic; How can one suffer by being successful? Haha, we all need this kind of suffering.
I believe if it were a kind of contagious disease, the entire world would scramble to be infested.
I hope this piece of content has given you enough insight into what success is about. It’s time to come out with your own definition or agree with some of the answers from the list above. Feel free to share your thoughts, comments and how you view success in your personal life.