God loves us so much to the extent that He made His only begotten son descend from heaven to come and die for our sins. Christians can find several Bible verses about eternal life from both the Old and New Testaments —proving that God’s salvation plan is amazing.
The greatest gift every human on earth could have is eternal life. This comes after the afterlife; I mean after enduring all the suffering, hardships, persecution, shame, etc It is a promise from God and it is trustworthy. Think about how joyous it would be to spend eternity with the Lord Jesus Christ. Immortality! Store these Bible verses about eternal life in your heart and you would always find hope, joy and peace in Jesus.
What Is Eternal Life?
Eternal life is about living with the Lord in His kingdom forever. It comes by believing in Christ Jesus who reconciled the world to God and freed us from the penalty of sins through his death on Calvary. Eternal life is not a recompense earned by mankind’s obedience, but a sovereign gift of God, Romans 6:22-23.
The Bible says spending eternity with our Savior will bring unending happiness in the lives of believers in the kingdom of the Lord. We can read from scriptures like 2Corinthians 7:10 and Ephesians 1:13. It is mostly described as a “Great Salvation,” in Hebrews 2:3.
Scriptures About Eternal Life
Here are well-selected scriptures that talk about eternal life. They give hope and inspiration to anyone who is in Christ Jesus. God wants all humans to come to Him through Jesus. Because in him we can find life. He is the way, the truth, and the life.
1. “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one. (John 10:28-30)
2. “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.” (1 John 5:13)
3. “But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. (1 Timothy 1:16)
4. “But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.” (Jude 1:20-21)
5. “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)
6. “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.” (John 3:36)
7. “And, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.” (Hebrews 5:9)
8. “But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.” (Romans 6:22)
9. “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” (1 Timothy 6:12)
10. “The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.” (1 John 2:17)
11. “For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord.” (Proverbs 8:35)
12. “And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.” (1 Peter 5:10)
13. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
14. “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” (Romans 8:18)
15. “Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.” (John 6:27)
16. “I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.” (Psalm 145:)
17. “Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” (Galatians 6:8)
18. “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139:23-24)
19. “For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!” (Ezekiel 18:32)
20. “Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John 17:3)
21. “Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:39)
22. “So that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 5:21)
23. “We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.” (1 John 5:20)
24. “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” (2 Corinthians 4:17)
25. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
26. “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” (Matthew 7:13-14)
27. “And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Revelation 21:3-4)
28. “For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed; the offspring of the wicked will perish.” (Psalm 37:28)
29. “Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life.” (Mark 10:29-30)
30. “Whoever keeps commandments keeps their life, but whoever shows contempt for their ways will die.” (Proverbs 19:16)
31. “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.” (1 John 5:11)
32. “But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (John 4:14)
33. “Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.” (Hebrews 7:25)
34. “However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.” (Luke 10:20)
35. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8)
36. “‘Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them,’ nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’” (Revelation 7:16-17)
37. “Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.” (1 Corinthians 9:25)
38. “If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.” (Matthew 18:8)
39. “Now someone came up to him and said, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to gain eternal life?” (Matthew 9:16)
40. “Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life.” (John 6:68)
May these Bible verses about eternal life remind you of the death of Jesus Christ and how he suffered to set us free from the penalty of sin. May these verses also give us hope and strength to pursue righteousness to bring others to know Christ Jesus.