Christians would always have their fair share of the troubles in this world. Be reminded that everything you see today shall pass way; except the word of God. Find God’s love and perfect plan through these Bible verses about the world.
God created the universe and everything within. He set laws for nature to follow in a systematic order. He spins the earth in orbits and demonstrates his love for the world. This is the more reason why he sent his only begotten son— Jesus Christ to come and die for us. The scriptures have recorded several Bible verses about the world. We ought to know about them.
Think of securing a permanent seat in heaven; not a temporal place here on earth. Bear in mind that anytime God reaches out to his children; he reminds them to refrain from living carnal lives.
Christians should be on guard against fleshly desires because that’s one of the devices Satan uses to destroy innocent souls.
We are God’s children in this world, but we don’t belong to the world. We can’t love earthly things and claim to love God as well. There is enmity between this sinful world and the salvation plan of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In this post, I have made a collection of Bible verses about the world we live in today. Everything points to the fact that God’s children should have nothing to do with carnal-minded people.
The creator of this world is the light that shines forth to brighten the paths of those who love him.
This world is passing away and the dreadful day of the Lord is fast approaching. Fear God and obey his word. The word of God will never fade out, but everything else shall pass away.
Bible Verses About The World — From The New Testament
This part is taken from the new testament. The Bible verses about our world often remind us of God’s readiness to help, protect, bless, and direct the paths of those who search for him wholeheartedly.
1. “What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?” (Mark 8:36).
2. “For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age”? (Titus 2:11-12).
3. “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will” (Romans 12:2).
4. “He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation” (Mark 16:15).
5. “You are the light of the world. A city located on a hill cannot be hidden” (Matthew 5:11).
6. “For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that” (1 Timothy 6:7-8).
7. “The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever” (1 John 2:17).
8. “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him”?(1 John 3:1).
9. “Woe to the world because of stumbling blocks. For there will always be something to cause people to stumble, but woe to the person through whom the stumbling block comes” (Matthew 18:7).
10. “For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith” (1 John 5:4)
11. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
12. “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does” (2 Corinthians 10:3).
13. “You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God” (James 4:4).
14. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” (John 14:27).
15. “The Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive; because it neither sees him nor knows him; but you know him, for he lives with you, and will be in you” (John 14:17).
16. “For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world” (1 John 2:16).
17. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
18. “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse” (Romans 1:20).
19. “How abundant are the good things
that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you” (Psalm 31:19).
20. “Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires” (2 Peter 1:4).
21. “God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him” (1 Corinthians 1:28-29).
22. ‘”Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God” (1 John 5:5).
23. “He raises up the poor out of the dust. He lifts up the needy from the dunghill, To make them sit with princes, and inherit the throne of glory. For the pillars of the earth are the LORD’s. He has set the world on them” (1 Samuel 2:8).
24. “Again, therefore, Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. m He who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12).
From The Old Testament
Now, is a few Bible verses from the old testament; except the last verse. God is watching over his children and showing them the right path. We must be obedient to inherit the new world Christ Jesus promised us.
25. “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world” (James 1:27).
26. “From men with your hand, LORD, from men of the world, whose portion is in this life. You fill their womb with treasure. They are satisfied with children, and they leave their wealth to their little ones” (Psalms 17:14).
27. “The earth is the LORD’s, and its fullness; the world, and those who dwell in it” (Psalms 24:1).
28. “Let all the earth fear the LORD. Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him” (Psalms 33:8).
29. “I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity. I will cause the arrogance of the proud to cease, and will humble the haughtiness of the terrible” (Psalms 13:11).
30. “This Good News of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world for a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come” (Matthew 24:14).
May these Bible verses about the world drive you closer to your creator like never before. In Christ Jesus you— you can overcome any challenge that will crop up on your way.
Be more concerned about the new world he promised us than having anything to do with this sinful world. You are just a traveler!.