Abortion has become one of the highly debated topics in our generation. Governmental laws are being used to challenge the law of God. This is a sign of the end of the world. It’s time to use pro-life Bible verses as inspiration and directives for living the life of a true Christian.
As this world keeps on advancing in knowledge and technology, the fear of the Lord is also gradually diminishing from the hearts of men —hence making them heartless to innocent babies. It is the responsibility of every true Christian to stand against abortion. I believe by reading these pro-life Bible verses, we can better understand why God detests the shedding of innocent blood.
If you are looking for pro-life Bible verses to beef up your faith in Christ Jesus —then I have several of them for you here. Just pay a little attention to what I’m talking about…
Societies around the world are now being pressured to accept abortion as a part of human rights. The law is gradually replacing the BIBLE. Oh, Christ! Since when did governmental laws start interpreting sacred books for their own benefit?
The fight for pro life has been a bigger challenge in our world today. Just last year we witnessed something disgusting in the middle of Joel Osteen’s Lakewood church services.
Do you remember? Three abortion activists stripped naked in protest against pro life laws. They chanted in desperation to overthrow Roe V. Wade draft in the United States. Why should this be done in the church?
What Does The Bible Says Abortion?
According to the Bible God hates the shedding of innocent blood and abortion is a typical example. He will require the blood from the hands of the sinner. In Proverbs 6:17 it reads that God hates “… hands that shed innocent blood.”
Well, now I believe I have your full attention; be prepared to follow the instructions of God concerning life, birth and how to maintain the fear of the Lord towards His wonderful creation. The Bible says anyone who sheds innocent blood will account for it.
Creation Verses Depicting God’s Power
1. “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
2. “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.” (Romans 1:20)
3. “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:10)
4. “For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.” (Hebrews 3:4)
5. “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
6. “God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” (Genesis 1:28)
7. “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
8. “Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.” That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.” (Genesis 2:22-24)
9. “Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, ‘What are you making?’ Does your work say, ‘The potter has no hands’?” (Isaiah 45:9)
10. “Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” (Genesis 1:26)
11. “But now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” ( Isaiah 43:1)
12. “Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, “I find no pleasure in them”. (Ecclesiastes 12:1)
13. “Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.” That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.” (Genesis 2:22-24)
Verses About Birth And Life
14. “He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.” (James 1:18)
15. “Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.” (Proverbs 21:21)
16. “Did not he who made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb?” (Job 31:15)
17. “Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.” (John 3:6)
18. “Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation.” (1 Peter 2:2)
19. “‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’”(Acts 17:28)
20. “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:21)
21. “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” (Psalm 16:11)
22. “Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.” (Proverbs 10:17)
23. “Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.” (James 3:13)
24. “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” (Psalm 73:26)
25. “Your hands fashioned and made me, and now you have destroyed me altogether. Remember that you have made me like clay; and will you return me to the dust? Did you not pour me out like milk and curdle me like cheese? You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews. You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit.” (Job 10:8-12)
Bible Verses Against Abortion
It should be remembered that the Lord Who made man and woman in His Own image hates abortion. It’s an abomination to shed innocent blood. It is a murder case in the sight of the Lord. May these scriptures about pro life remind you of God’s burning anger against such deliberate sinful acts.
26. “Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.” (Proverbs 31:8-9)
27.“‘Cursed be anyone who takes a bribe to shed innocent blood.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’” (Deuteronomy 27:25 )
28. “Whoever takes a human life shall surely be put to death.” (Leviticus 24:17)
29. “And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man. Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.” (Genesis 9:5-6)
30. “You shall not murder.” (Exodus 20:13)
31. “When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman’s husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.” (Exodus 21:22-25)
32. “Keep far from a false charge, and do not kill the innocent and righteous, for I will not acquit the wicked.” (Exodus 23:7)
33. “When you come into the land that the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you.” (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)
34. “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.” (Deuteronomy 24:16)
35. “I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the LORD your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.” (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)
36. “But Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.’” (Matthew 19:14)
37. “And Hazael said, ‘Why does my lord weep?’ He answered, ‘Because I know the evil that you will do to the people of Israel. You will set on fire their fortresses, and you will kill their young men with the sword and dash in pieces their little ones and rip open their pregnant women.’” (2 Kings 8:12)
38. “Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.” (Psalm 127:3-5)
39. “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.” (Isaiah 49:15)
40. “Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger.” (Psalm 8:2)
41. “Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother’s breasts. On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother’s womb you have been my God.” (Psalm 22:10)
42. “Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.” (Psalm 82:3-4)
43. “When I thought, ‘My foot slips,’ your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul. Can wicked rulers be allied with you, those who frame injustice by statute? They band together against the life of the righteous and condemn the innocent to death. But the LORD has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge. He will bring back on them their iniquity and wipe them out for their wickedness; the LORD our God will wipe them out.” (Psalm 94:18-23)
44. “Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, ‘Behold, we did not know this,’ does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not repay man according to his work?” (Proverbs 24:11-12)
45. “As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.” (Ecclesiastes 11:5)
46. “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!” (Isaiah 5:20)
47. “They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.” (Jeremiah 32:35)
48. “So it is not the will of my Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.” (Matthew 18:14)
49. “He risked his life when he struck down the Philistine and the LORD gave all Israel a great victory. When you saw it, you were happy. So why would you sin against innocent blood by putting David to death for no reason?” (1 Samuel 19:5)
50. “Surely when wicked men have killed an innocent man as he slept in his own house, should I not now require his blood from your hands and remove you from the earth?” (2 Samuel 4:11)
Now, I believe it is clear for everyone who fears the Lord to stay away from abortion, adultery, fornication, murder and all forms of righteousness. These pro-life verses should remind and inspire you to be obedient to the voice of God, not man.
Be reminded that —at the end of the world, we shall all account for every sinful thing we committed here on earth.
If you think the soul or life of a human being is so cheap —then ask yourself why both God and the Devil are after it; It’s priceless! Don’t ever think of taking the life of an unborn child if you fear the Lord. God is watching… Stay Blessed!